So, does anyone have those post-holiday blues?
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. I love baking holiday sweets in the kitchen with my mom. We were certainly busy this year!
On our yummy Christmas dessert list this year?
- Turtles (chocolate brownie with soft, gooey caramel, melty chocolate chips and crushed pecans)
- Caramel corn (with peanuts and without)
- My dad’s favorite no-bake cookies
- Snowball Cookies
- Buckeye Balls
- YULE LOG! Considering my horrible cake making skills (see evidence here, here and here). I was quite proud of this. I used the traditional Betty Crocker chocolate jelly roll cake. I used this recipe for raspberry whipped cream filling. Here’s an example of a Yule Log.
- Candied almonds
- My grandma’s sugar cookies!!!!!
- Cake balls! I made strawberry cake and vanilla frosting cake balls, and dipped them in white chocolate I dyed purple with food coloring. I called them “sugar plums” and served them at my Chrismukkew Year party! : )
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate peanut butter fudge!
- Chocolate peppermint brownies! These are so delicious, I couldn’t help but eat one after another! I made Ghirardelli brownies, then melted white chocolate peppermint candy into vanilla frosting. I topped these brownies with crushed candy cane and leftover chocolate peppermint candies. They. Were. So. Good.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday filled with good cheer, good times, good memories and good food! : ) And a happy new year to you all!